You’ve likely come across Frisco if you have a pet and shop on Chewy.com. They are one of the most popular pet brands on Chewy.com and for one glaring reason – the brand is owned exclusively by Chewy.com. So, naturally, they promote a lot of their own products similar to Amazon and other big retailers. They sell pet products under the Frisco brand in a variety of categories but have the widest product selection in dog toys, cat toys, and general supplies like food storage containers, bowls, poop bags, beds, and a bunch more. So, are any of those Frisco products actually made in the USA? We dug in to find out. Our verdict is below.
Verdict: Are Frisco Pet Products Made in the USA?
No, Frisco pet products are not made in the USA. Most of their products are made in China.
This isn’t all that surprising given that Frisco is an exclusive Chewy.com brand. We’ve seen this model before from Amazon with their Amazon Basics products. They can see exactly what the most popular products are on their store, replicate them for cheaper in China, and unapologetically profit while they are probably hurting overall sales volume for other hard working brands.
And these Frisco products are everywhere. Here are just a few categories.
- Dog toys – 408 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Cat toys – 198 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Dog cleaning and potty supplies – 97 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Cat litter boxes – 38 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Dog crates – 94 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Dog beds – 100 products, #2 brand in the category by total product count
- Dog leashes and collars – 188 products, #2 brand in the category by total product count
- Dog bowls – 124 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Cat bowls and feeders – 118 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
- Dog grooming – 80 products, #1 brand in the category by total product count
And Chewy.com shamelessly plugs their exclusive brands like Frisco at the top of the product filters on all of their pages, with other brands conveniently sorted in alphabetical order. Here is an example from their dog toys page.
As you can see, it is pretty tough for the brands to compete that are putting in the hard work to make their high quality pet products in the USA.
Chewy.com is pretty inconsistent as well with how they disclose country of origin for Frisco products on their site. For imported products, if it is there at all, you’ll find it in the FAQ section like the screenshot below for the Frisco Outdoor Dog Pool.
However, this specific FAQ on country of origin is not on every Frisco product page. So, we had to call Chewy.com for more information on other products.
Anyways, I’m not quite sure the Frisco tagline of “better pet goods” fits the bill given that pretty much all of their products are made in China.
Popular American Made Frisco Pet Products
- None that we could find
Popular Frisco Pet Products Not Made in the USA
- Frisco Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter
- Frisco Dog Poop Bags
- Frisco Plush Toys
- Frisco Colorful Springs Cat Toy
- Frisco Squeaking Colorful Tennis Balls
- Frisco Rope Toys
- Frisco Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate
- Best dog toys made in the USA
- Best dog treats made in the USA
- Best dog bowls made in the USA
- Best dog collars, leashes, and harnesses made in the USA
- Best dog supplements made in the USA
- Best dog food made in the USA
- Best cat food made in the USA
Have You Seen Our YouTube Channel Yet?
New videos every month on how to find products made in the USA, which companies to avoid, exclusive interviews with great American made brands, reviews, and more.